Ohef Sholom Temple
- All events, except holidays, are postponed, not cancelled. Virtual gatherings are being planned on an ongoing basis to continue Jewish living, learning and life cycles.
- Please make sure to provide your correct email address; update your information on the online portal.
- Members have volunteered to contact vulnerable congregants to check in on them. If you would like to help in this effort, please email Carol Brum, our Caring Committee chair.
- For more information and updates call 757-625-4295, or visit ohefsholom.org.
- Friday night at 6:30 pm and Saturday morning at 10:30 am. Led by Rabbi Roz and Cantor Jen
Torah Study via Zoom
- March 19, 4 pm - 5 pm. Led by Rabbi Roz
- Thursdays 4 to 5 pm and Saturdays 9 – 10 am
- Email David Metzger by Wednesday or Friday prior to class to be invited to the Zoom meeting
Religious School and Hebrew School - Home Study plan
- includes prayers for each Hebrew level and curriculum related activities and study for each grade.
B’nai Mitzvah and Confirmation appointments
- Cantor Jen and Rabbi Roz will be keeping all appointments with B’nai Mitzvah students via Facetime.
- Will continue to schedule individual meetings with Confirmation students to work on their service.
- All services, classes, and meetings in building temporarily suspended.
- With this action being implemented immediately, Rabbi Panitz and I are meeting later this week to tape a Shabbat service that will be available to download this weekend. It will include an abbreviated prayer service, a discussion on this week's Torah readings, and a D'Var Torah.
- As of 3/19/20, we do not have a plan in place to live-stream a full service, during which Kaddish and Torah readings can take place, but we're still in the planning stages. Hopefully, we can resume actual live services in our respective sanctuaries before long.
- Instructions on how to access this program will be sent before Shabbat.
- Please observe all precautions to maintain your health, as well as the health of those with whom we may be in contact, especially those with compromised immunity.
- Effective immediately, Religious School will not take place in a face to face environment. Wednesday’s religious school is cancelled. Beginning on Sunday, we will hold classes using the Zoom virtual conferencing platform. This will be used for Pre-K through Hank’s High School class. More information coming soon.
- Effective immediately, all religious services will take place on the Zoom virtual conferencing platform, allowing for a greater degree of community interaction than simple livestreaming. We anticipate being able to share information on how this will work later in the week.
- Although the office is being staffed, it is now closed to visitors. If you need to go to the Temple office, you MUST call Gail in the office first to discuss the situation. We apologize for any inconvenience. Our intention is to keep Rabbi Marc and Gail safe too.
- We have created a committee that will be coordinating assistance for those members that are home-bound. We are in need of people that can go grocery shopping, deliver meals, pick up and deliver medications, etc. If you are willing to assist with this mitzvah, please call either Dory Heesch at (713) 494-9747 or Melanie Kordis at (757) 409-8923. They will compile a list of those that can help and reach out to you when needed.
- If you are in need or know someone that is in need of assistance, please contact Gail in the Temple office, so that she can coordinate with Dory and Melanie. If she is not there, please leave a message or send an email. It is imperative that we know who in our Temple family needs our help.
- For more information and updates call Gail at 757-428-2591, or e-mail email@example.com.
- Every Friday, beginning at noon on YouTube, there will be an abbreviated pre-recorded service from Rabbi Panitz and Cantor David Proser of KBH.
- Until further notice, religious school is meeting virtually.
- For more information and regular updates, please use our new email address, as the AOL address was hacked. Our new email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Our website is www.templeisraelva.org, and our phone number is 757-489- 4550. Regular office hours are Monday to Thursday, 9am - 5 pm, Friday, 9am- 3pm.
Congregation Beth El
Shabbat Services—Live Streaming
- Friday evening 5:45 pm and Saturday morning 9:30 am
Daily and Evening Minyan via Zoom
- Sunday @ 9 am
- Monday thru Friday @ 7:15 am
- Monday to Thursday and Sunday evenings @ 5:45 pm
- Shabbat Friday evening services- LIVE STREAMING ONLY
- To view the live streaming of our Shabbat services, go to the website www.bethelnorfolk.com. Scroll down to the area that shows live streaming and click on the arrow.
In order to participate through Zoom for the minyan services, each person should set up their own free Zoom account.
Link for morning minyan
Link for evening minyan
Weekday morning prayer book
Weekday afternoon prayer book
Weekday evening prayer book (maariv)
- Due to ongoing health concerns surrounding Covid-19, it is imperative that all our participants in services register with the B'nai Israel office before attending and ahdere closely to the congregational guidelines for health and safety.
- For more information and regular updates, please visit our website at: BnaiIsrael.org
- Our phone number is 757-627-7358. Regular office hours are 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM most weekdays. You can email us at: office@BnaiIsrael.org
- We are located at 420 Spotswood Ave, Norfolk VA 23517